Energy trading in China is on the rise as the liberalisation of the energy markets progresses.
The German energy market and especially its mechanisms and strategies of the energy transition (“Energiewende”) serve as a role model for a successful integration of new structures.
Energy Brainpool offers a 4-day Intensive Training: Certified Chinese Energy Trader on four dates in Germany and China. Participants will learn the principles and mechanisms of liberalised energy markets as well take part in a practical computer-based trading simulation and thereby gain knowledge of how an energy trader operates.
Dates and venue
Find detailed information on the agenda, registration and venues when clicking on the links below.
- 2016.08.15-18 Berlin, Germany
- 2016.09.05-08 Beijing, China
- 2016.10-13 Shanghai, China
- 2016.11.07-10 Berlin, Germany
Day 1: Introduction to power markets
- Basics of liberalised power markets
- Wholesale power markets
- Short-term electricity trading at spot markets
- Long-term electricity trading at futures markets
- The Chinese power market
Day 2: Energy trading: tools and expert knowledge
- Power procurement
- Portfolio management
- Risk management
- Technical chart analysis and trading strategies
- Meet a trader
Day 3: Trading practice: realistic energy trading simulation
- Computer-based trading simulation – long-term
- Computer-based trading simulation – cross-border
- Trading strategies on the Chinese market (CSG)
- Short certification exam
Day 4: Retail strategy and future power markets
- Retail strategy and management
- Future power markets
- Discussion and Q&A
- Experts and executives with ties to energy generation, trading, purchase, procurement and distribution
- Employees in portfolio management, risk management and analysis
- Trading experts looking to expand to the Chinese Market